Friday, May 20, 2011

Focus on the rabbit

I have a couple of different ideas for blogs rolling around in my head today, both just observational. Generally I’m able to focus a bit better, but it is what it is.
            First, I’d like to say we’re on target with our revision, which was three chapters a week for three months, then it’ll be ready for readers. I’ve hit a bit of a rough patch energy wise and Larry has been carrying me pretty well. Last week, instead of the regular three chapters, he did seven—that’s 70 pages! So now we’re actually ahead.
            Go Larry!
            And with his spending so much time on the manuscript, his contribution to our blog will be patchier, but he’ll pop in occasionally to give us an update how it’s going for him.

            The other thing rolling around in my head is the amount of time that disappears, like some sort of Star Treky time warp, when I sit down at the computer to work on the novel.  I’m off work this week, and yesterday I sat down and did fine edits on the chapters Larry went through this week. I looked at the clock, it said 10:00. I looked a little while later, it said 2:00.
            I love that kind of absorption, not only the ability to concentrate for extended periods of time, but also the desire, something that I enjoy doing that much. I hate to see time disappear so quickly, but I love to see the story coming together.

            Today, since all play and no work makes Becky a happy girl, I have housework to catch up on, laundry to do, and meals to cook, so I can go back to being my regular sullen self.
            Maybe next week’s blogs will be more focused.
            Hey, was that a rabbit?

No comments: