Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Just how long is this novel going to be?

The other night at our weekly meeting, Larry made a suggestion for the rewrite, which included adding a scene and possibly a new character.
Dude! Are kidding me?! We’re supposed to be cutting our manuscript not adding things.
He’d say something like, “Maybe we can write a scene where…”
He'd finish his thought, then I’d nod and say, “Sure, we can do that. And by ‘we’, I mean ‘you.’
So then he’d say, “Or we could…”
Then I’d say, “Sure, we can do that. And by ‘we’, I mean ‘you.’
He totally ignored me and kept making suggestions.
Then he hit on an idea that made me laugh out loud.
Okay, now I’M thinking about adding a scene or two. We chatted it out and decided to give it a go.
However, we didn’t decide who was going to write it.
And by ‘we’ I mean ‘we’
…this time.

No comments: